BCLC - The leading advice provider in Brent
Brent Community Law Centre (BCLC) is one of the oldest law centres in England, with a history in the community support for the borough and its residents. BCLC was established in 1972 with a mission to make a positive impact to people’s lives – particularly the most vulnerable and socially excluded by providing quality legal support services in the areas of community care, employment, housing, immigration, welfare benefits and debt.
BCLC is a founding member of the Brent Advice Partnership, which oversees advice provision in Brent and the Brent Advice Matters website.
BCLC is a member if the Brent Advice Network, which is made up of other local advice agencies that operate in Brent.
WHO WE ARE?
PROVIDERS OF QUALITY LEGAL SUPPORT SERVICES
BCLC was established in 1972 with a mission to make a positive impact to people’s lives – particularly the most vulnerable and socially excluded by providing quality legal support services in the six areas of Social Welfare Law, including community care, employment, housing, immigration, welfare benefits and debt. We are located in the heart of Willesden, Brent and can be reached via:
- Local Parking
- There are pay and display parking options on local side roads.
- Public Transport
- The nearest tube is Dollis Hill (Jubilee) and take the Chapter Road exit, followed by a 6-8 min walk to BCLC.
- You can use buses that serve Willesden bus garage, followed by a 2-3 min walk to BCLC.
BCLC is a registered charity (Charity No. 1146239) and company limited by guarantee (Company No. 01294090)
BCLC currently holds the Lexcel quality standard, which is the Law Society's legal practice quality mark for practice management and client care.
Our Lexcel quality standard gives clients assurance of our quality service provision.
BCLC is the only community legal advice provide in the borough of Brent that offers free specialist legal advice in six areas of Social Welfare Law. We have a team of case workers, solicitors and specialists that offer allow BCLC to offer a full service for different case levels, ranging from simple interventions such as letters to more complex support such as court representations. To access our free and subsidised services, you must be a resident of Brent (with the exception of Immigration).
All referral appointments are usually held during our office opening hours between 9:30am – 5:30pm.
To access our support, this can be achieved in one of three ways:
- Telephone advice line: 0208 451 1126 – lines are open 9:30am – 1pm and between 2pm – 5:30pm every week day (except public holidays and between Christmas and New Year).
- Citizens Advice Brent direct referral: Initial assessments undertaken at Citizens Advice Brent can be followed up with referral appointments to BCLC.
- Brent Advice Matters: Following use of the self-help web pages, if you have not been able to find what you are looking for, an online enquiry form can be completed and BCLC can obtain your submission as a referral.
To find out more about service, click on each one below.
SUCCESSFUL IMMIGRATION CASES
CASES HANDLED A MONTH
BCLC offers its venue space for hire to the local community, whether this is for a private party, a local residents meeting, business engagement or an ad-hoc gathering. We are located centrally in the borough of Brent, which makes us an ideal location as a meeting space. We currently offer space outside of our core office hours.
For bookings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 451 1126 – lines are open 9:30am – 1pm and between 2pm – 5:30pm every week day (except public holidays and between Christmas and New Year). Our Hire Rates are as follows: